Sunday 4 February 2018

Simple to make, but you wouldn`t think so

The easel card today is a simple filigree overlay on top of printed paper. I love the colours and so does Stuart as he says they are Leeds United colours and he is a Leeds fan.


The backing papers are printed from the Crafters Inspiration 13 CD and are from the sunny garden section. I opened the light blue paper in my graphics program (Craft Artist), punched out a heart shape the same size as the big heart die, made a small blue heart for the centre of the big heart and feathered the edges, laid the small heart at the centre of the big heart and printed it.
It`s not terribly easy to see on this picture but I glittered all the filigree work on the card using glamour dust glitter.

I only stuck the edges of the filigree overlay to the base card as this creates dimension and an extra point of interest.

The card I used is Crafters Companion cream cardstock for the main body of the card as it is strong and cuts really well and I used Sheena white stamping card for the top filigree section of the card because I wanted to colour it in. These two cardstocks are fantastic with these dies and I highly recommend using them for all your projects.


This is how the dies will be in their packaging and you can see that you do get a lot in this set. The scalloped hearts and the little heart on their own will prove very useful on other projects.







No comments:

Post a Comment