Wednesday 21 February 2018

2nd anniversary

Hello crafty friends, tomorrow Crafters Companion begin celebrating their two year relationship with Hochanda and to kick it off they are having a ODS featuring the Gemini junior. I have been working on samples for the show and the dies, stamps and an embossing folder which will feature along side the Gemini junior are beautiful.


The background frame on this card was made using the butterfly quartet edge`able die cut four times. Because this die is an edge`able it only cuts out on one side (the out side) and so the centre of the frame remains solid.
The topper for this card is made using the spread your wings clear acrylic stamp set which contains 17 stamps of which some are sentiments. I used vintage photo distress ink to stamp the images and sentiment (background image 2nd generation stamping), then the edge of the topper was coloured using spiced marmalade and vintage photo distress inks.

I absolutely love my big Gemini and use it constantly but at £180 it is a lot of money so the Gemini junior is a great alternative. Gemini junior is still an expensive piece of kit at £139 and I think the best time to purchase one would be like this as a ONE DAY SPECIAL when you will get lots of extras. I would highly recommend a Gemini of some description as the cutting pressure is amazing and not having to wind a handle is a joy. Some of the recent concept dies are so intricate and in some instances need to cut through multiple layers of card which the Gemini can easily handle.

...........................................................

Today is a bit of a sad day for me because after two and a half years it will be my last day volunteering at the Lincolnshire Trust for Cats shop. I have been given more hours at my real job (dinner lady) and what with that and my craft work I just wont have the time. I have made some fantastic friends at the shop and I do hope we will remain friends and not drift apart. I have a lot to thank the trust for as they introduced me to my gorgeous Roger and Rosie (cats) who I love so much.



Here they are doing a bit of advertising, my little darlings (sometimes).






No comments:

Post a Comment