Saturday 17 February 2018

Keep it in the family

Today I am sharing a card made by my lovely sister Pauline. Pauline needed to make a birthday card for our sister Jackie who is going to be 70 in March and so we had a girlie craft day and this was the result.

 
The background for the fish was made by stamping distress ink onto a craft mat, spritzing with water until big blobs of water formed on the surface and then rolling a piece of Sheena stamping card over the surface and allow the card to dry (once the card is dry this technique can be repeated until the desired effect is achieved).
A fish was drawn and then cut out and the black detail was added with a fine tip pen.
The sea weed behind the topper was made by using the Sheena what a mesh! die from Crafters Companion to cut white card and then coloured using distress inks.
The sentiment was cut from black card using Die`sire celebration words dies from Crafters Companion.
 
....................................................................
 
Pauline often makes large canvas works of art but needed a bit of help to scale down her idea and put it onto a card. Our sister Jackie is a Pisces and that's why the gorgeous fish are the focal point. My birthday card for Jackie has a big 70 plastered all over it but Pauline has gone for the "don't look at it and it will go away" option. I don't think Jackie minds being 70 after all its a privilege to get to that age and it`s only a number. 
I had a lovely day out at the pictures on Thursday with some friends from work. I never go to the pictures and I didn't think I would enjoy the film as it was the last film in the 50 shades series but I was surprised how much I did enjoy it. I had been lent the previous two films to watch so that I understood the story and my most shocking moment was when I realised that the film actually had a good story. We all went for a meal after and it was truly a day to remember.
I hope that you all had a good Valentines day. I was too busy to make Stu a card but to be fair we don't really bother for Valentines and he didn't get me any thing. I did buy him some sweeties but as they were still in the cupboard last night I ate them (ha ha).
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment