Monday 28 May 2018

I love a good show

Hello crafty friends I hope you are enjoying this bank holiday weekend. We had the Oyster Papercraft Show yesterday at Forest Pines which is a golf resort not far from where I live here in Lincolnshire. I had never been before and it was reported to be only a small or mini show so I didn't have high hopes but thought well I need a few more distress oxides so I`ll pick them up there. Well it was a fabulous day, I picked my sister up nice and early and off we went on an adventure as I was driving and I don't normally do that when I haven't been before. 
The venue was absolutely beautiful with plenty of parking and inside it was a function room which was split into two, half filled with stalls selling all kinds of crafty goodies and the other half full of tables for make and takes which were free. I didn't bother to do a make and take as I was blown away by the variety of things the sellers had brought and I kept going round and round not wanting to have missed any thing. 

 
Here is a photo of one of the craft stalls which was mostly selling card and embellishments, my sister is the lady in the middle of the picture wearing glasses and I am the lady with blond hair and a hair band stood with my back to the lady in pink. It was only £2 entry fee on the door but we booked in advance so it was £1 for us, this is very reasonable for a craft show.
 
 
 
These are some of the goodies that I bought, I said to Pauline when we were having a drink in the bar later that I would get home and think I "I wish I`d bought" but at that moment I didn't think I wanted any thing else. Sure enough I was sat at home last night and thought I wonder how those gelli plates work that I had seen on one of the stands? I had a look on YouTube and now I wish I had bought one, they do amazing things. That's the thing though because if I hadn`t seen a gelli plate at the show I wouldn't have looked on YouTube so even though I didn`t do a make and take I did take the beginnings of a crafty idea home with me.
If you have never been to a craft show like this one where you can buy craft making goodies I really urge you to go as the products are usually cheaper than you might find in a shop and the stall holders and crafty people there are always full of knowledge and willing to share it. I love looking at the cards on display at the stalls and get lots of inspiration from them, even though I make cards for display at craft fairs for Little Claire I am always in awe of the cards that other people have made.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment