Tuesday 1 May 2018

A busy end to April

I feel like I`m a bit late to the party but after my friend on the Crafters Companion DT had a crafty clear out and sold some of her stash I have become aware of crafting de clutter sites on FB. I haven't bought any thing from these sites yet but what a fantastic idea to organize your craft stash and make a bit of money for your next purchase.
Any how as I mentioned my friend was selling off her unloved stash and I bought this rather cute Penny Black Hedgehog stamp from her and I knew straight away who was going to receive the card I made with it.

 
I made this simple little card for Stuart who had his birthday last Thursday.
 
The Hedgie stamp as I mentioned is a wood mounted Penny Black stamp and the sentiment is a much loved and used Woodware clear cling stamp. I coloured the image using water pens, distress inks and a fine tip water brush. The bakers twine is thick  bakers twine.
 
Poor Stuart doesn't always get a home made card from me and I felt really guilty last year when he was 70 and I didn`t have time to make his card and just stuck the numbers on a shop bought one.
 
....................................................................
 
It was my birthday on Sunday and although Stu and me are only three days apart with our birthdays we are eighteen years apart with our age, but age is just a number and aren`t all men just boys at heart. I received some fantastic hand made cards from my family and I will show them to you when I`ve had time to photograph them. I got a voucher from my eldest sister and have just been online and bought another set of Brushos. I do love my Brushos but I felt a bit limited with the colours I already had, so when the new box arrives I cant wait to have a play.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment