Wednesday 13 June 2018

We all love a Sunflower

Hello crafty people, its been a while. I have been busy working on secret stuff as always but today I can share some secret stuff from Crafters Companion who will be launching some stamps with matching dies which fussy cut around them and they are fabulous. I only got two sets to play with but I think there are 13 in total and I will have to have the Poppy, cocktail glass, cupcakes and teacup sets when they go on sale. The launch is on the 18th and 19th June on Hochanda and as it is over two days I would guess it is a TSV.


 
This was the trickiest of all the samples that I made but I am showing it first as it illustrates the concept very well.
 
The stamp is a clear cling stamp (always my favourite kind of stamp) and the dies come in two halves so you can have the design on the edge as in this card, or as a fussy cut topper which you will see in my other posts. This set is called Sunflowers and I loved colouring it in with my Spectrum Noir aqua pens and a water brush.
 
I printed off the green paper from a Crafters Inspiration CD and also a blue spotty paper which when printed was more grey than blue so I had to look pretty hard for the right paper from my stash and this blue and white spotted paper is from the NitWit pastel dreams paper pad.
 
I then made the card too wide on the left hand side and couldn't`t decide how to make this look right so in the end I added the flowers and leafs to the lace to fill up empty space.
 
As they say in crafting "there are no mistakes" and I think this one turned out all right in the end.
 
......................................................................
 
I have been busy in the garden and at work doing extra hours and of course busy with DT work so the time has flown by since my last blog. I am suffering at the moment with a summer cold (thought it was hay fever at first) which is making me miserable and my crafting skills have disappeared. Stu is keeping me going with lots of cups of tea and apart from that generally keeping at a distance (he knows that's the best course of action when I`m ill) and of course Roger and Rosie are being good nurses and giving me lots of furry cuddles.  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment