Tuesday 24 July 2018

New Cats from Little Claire

Hello there, today I want to let you know that Little Claire have a show on Hochanda this Saturday at 11am and I have been lucky enough to play with their new stamps and make some samples. There will be a cat stamp set and a dog stamp set and so I chose to use the cat stamp set first.


I made a mask for the background circles using copy paper and various sized circle dies, then I laid the mask onto white card and coloured in using salty ocean and bundled sage distress inks. I stamped the image on the card making sure that no circles were visable below the image and shaded below the image. I cut the image topper down to size and over stamped the catkin foliage around the top and sides. I coloured the image in and mat and layered it onto the base card. Finally I stamped the sentiment onto a spare piece of background card, cut it out and shaded around the edge with black ink, then stuck this onto the card using 3D glue.

I do love this range of cat stamps but then I am a bit biased.

..............................................................

Well I hope you have all managed to cope with this heatwave we have been having. Yesterday I harvested a load of veg we have been growing and it is a whole month early this year. We have had the luxury of being able to water our veg but the farmers are struggling with the crops in the fields and I have to say that the fields around here are yellow and very dry looking. The other day we came across some people clearing up a spillage in the road of Rape seed so that is early this year too. The poor kitties Roger and Rosie have been lethargic and just lay around looking at me as though its all my fault for turning the heating up, and I do feel for them in their fur coats. I am on school holidays now and had planned to get loads of things done but the heat has made it impossible to do any thing, well that's my excuse. Its still Christmas in my craft room although playing with snow and frosty scenes doesn't make a difference to the temperature as my craft room gets the sun all day.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute, lovely sentiment. I am hating this heat, luckily my craft room is cooler in the afternoons.

    ReplyDelete