Wednesday 25 April 2018

With a friend and a cuppa you could put the world to rights

This is a card that I have made for a very good friend who has her birthday on May the 4th (be with you), and yes that is how I remember it. My friend and me love to go out for tea and a cake so this image is just right for us, I think I am the one in the hat. It`s a side stepper card using the template from my previous post "cupboard love" and I do think that this template is a really useful size.


The stamp is an old fave from Lilly of the Valley called "coffee break". I know they have stopped selling their rubber stamps but this image is still available as a digi download which in a way is better because you get it straight away. I used watercolour pens and a water brush and distress inks with a water brush to colour the image.

The backing papers are NitWit "Hydrangeas too" downloadable backing papers which I printed onto Hobbycraft 300gsm A4 premium card (I also used this card to make the base card).

The large sentiment is from the Crafters Companion, Hollie Hobby, time for tea stamp set and I used a die from the X Cut, large tags & plates dies to cut the shape. The two small tag sentiments are made using Lilly of the Valley, digi stamp set 24.

I finished the whole thing off by making a box for the card and I have to say that using the Big Score from Crafters Companion makes any box a complete doddle to do. The top of the box was made using Crafters Companion, create a card, "floral bouquet" die.









No comments:

Post a Comment