Saturday 21 April 2018

Cupboard love

This is my final card for the Little Claire Hochanda show (today at 2pm) and it is a side stepper card. I put off making side stepper cards as I thought they were really complicated to do, but once you have seen one it all makes sense as they are very easy to make and a bit different as I haven't seen anything like them in the shops.

 
To begin making the card you need to cut the side stepper card from a sheet of A4 300gsm card. The template below gives you the measurements and then all you need to do is trim the right hand side down to size once you know how big your sentiment will be. I found the instructions for making a side stepper card on YouTube and then I simply adapted the measurements to fit this stamp.
 
 
The stamped image is coloured using water colour pencils and as I have mentioned in previous posts I find these good to use on smaller detailed colouring in projects.
 
The backing papers are Nit Wit papers from 8" x 8" paper pads "pastel dreams" and "country meadow".
 
The first part of the sentiment comes with the stamp but I didn't think this was enough to fill the space on the card so I wrote "and the secret ingredient is love" in my graphics program and printed it out onto good quality mat print paper, then I stamped the sentiment above it.
 
I hope you have a go at a stepper card (they really are fun to make).
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely fresh card Allison. Really good of you to include the diagram and measurements for the side stepper card too Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicola, I am glad that the template might be of use to you. If/when you do make a side stepper card I'd love to see it. Xx

    ReplyDelete