Monday 9 July 2018

Christmas in black & gold

It`s baking hot here at Hugill towers and that can mean only one thing - its time to make Christmas things. Yes I have been doing Christmas ever since this hot spell began and today I am showing you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion dimensional dies which launch today over on Hochanda. The range includes some fabulous dies, stamps, embossing folders and printed papers which would become a staple in you Christmas craft stash.



This particular die set is called sleigh (suprise, suprise) and yoou get one sleigh and one Reindeer so I cut out two Reindeer and added Reindeer which I stamped using the sleigh accessories stamp and placed them behind the pop out Reindeers. The sleigh is embossed using part of the the Christmas centrepiece embossing folder and the sentiments were cut using the festive words dies 1 & 2. The whispy gold lines were made by tearing a piece of copy paper and laying it down onto the card as a mask then rubbing along the edges with a gold ink pad. I made the front of the card using the Holly swirls embossing folder and Pebeo empire gold gilding wax.

The dies for the pop out section of the card have slits cut into them so you can easily line them up with the centre fold of the card. I did this by drawing a line on the card, cutting out the shapes and then folding the card. It isnt a difficult card but you do have to work out where all the elements will be placed before you begin cutting. 

....................................................................

I am still making secret Christmas stuff for the Crafters Inspiration Christmas magazine and then more Christmas cards for future Crafters Companion shows. It is really difficult to feel Christmassy when my craft toom is south facing and gets the sun all day long. I was so hot yesterday at work (I work in a kitchen) that I had to go and stand under the fan in the walk in food store with my shirt unbuttoned for five minutes, it was heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment