Tuesday 19 June 2018

Some moody looking Dandelions

Did you see any of the new stamps and die sets that were launched last night and are on again today as the one day special? I have ordered the cup cakes and tea cups sets for myself and cant wait to have a play when they arrive. This is a card that was featured on the shows although it is much more colourful in real life, I`m not sure why it looks so dull on here.

 
This is a simple card which shows how you can use the dies to cut either side of the image without cutting out the image completely. I have to confess that I used my scan`n`cut to cut out the mat and layers but it would look just as good without the mats.
 
I used pastel chalks on Sheena stamping card to make the ombre coloured background and then stamped the image using stormy sky distress ink, I then 2nd generation stamped the Dandelions in the background.
 
I die cut either side of the end pieces then I simply cut across the top and bottom of the card making sure that it was level. The card looked a bit bland so I used black glitter on the centre of the darker Dandelions. 
 
In order to use the scan`n1cut I drew around the outside of the topper on to copy paper using a black biro, scanned this into the scan`n`cut and saved to direct cut. I increased the border by 2mm and cut out of black card, I then increased the border a further 2mm and cut out of white card twice.
 
I stamped the sentiment then added the raffia tie to the bottom of the design. I stuck the topper onto the black mat and then onto one of the white cut out mats. I made a hinge to run along the top edge of one piece of white cut out card and stuck it into place on the inside of the front card and then onto the inside of the back card and finally trimmed the hinge to size.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment