Monday 18 June 2018

Sunny Sunflowers

I`ve been playing with some fabulous, fabulous secret stuff from Crafters Companion this morning and almost forgot to do a blog for the launch of the Gemini on the edge sets which are on Hochanda today. Here is a card which I made using the Sunflower stamp to create a beautiful vintage background.


This card is so easy to make and its a technique that is so simple.

I stamped the Sunflowers randomly onto Sheena stamping card with black VersaFine ink. Next I used spiced marmalade distress ink to ink up a brayer. I rolled the brayer once onto copy paper and then continued to roll the brayer over the stamped sunflower image until the ink was all used from the brayer. I turned the card 90 degrees and repeated the process of inking the brayer, rolling the brayer onto copy paper and then onto the image. When the colour on the image was right I allowed the card to dry and cut it to size. The colour was a bit intense at this point and the Sunflowers were a bit lost so I placed a wet wipe over the card and patted it gently (do not rub), The result when the card dried was a much paler colour and the black ink on the Sunflowers had begun to feather just a little making the image look like old distressed wallpaper.

The sentiment was made using the celebrate die form the 2017 Crafters Companion Advent calendar.




No comments:

Post a Comment