Thursday 22 February 2018

Never too old to learn

Hete is another card that I made for the Gemini junior one day special which launches today at 5 on Hochanda. This is the first time I have tried making a side stepper card but it was really easy. The picture doesn`t really show it well but the butterflies are all glittered and sparkle with blinging gem bodies.


 
The main circle die is a create a card die called Butterfly dreams, it is a smaller version of the usual create a card dies and comes in two parts so you could just have it as an ornate frame or like this card.
The smaller butterflies and accent flourishes are from the fluttering motifs die set which contains four dies.
The sentiment is from the simple sentiments die set which includes the words Happy, Birthday, Celebrate and  finally Thank You, all of which will be really useful.
 
When I was trying to figure out how to make this card first of all I decided what measurements I wanted for the main square part of the card and this was determined by the size of the Butterfly dreams die. I then added another 1" to this measurement and that gave me my top fold line for the main part of the card. I used a sheet of white A4 card portrait and I followed the tutorial on Youtube to make the cuts and folds and then finally cut down the right hand side of the card to the desired size.
 
............................................................................
 
I have another dentist appointment today for a deep scale clean. When the dentist mentioned that I needed this I thought OK just a bit of a clean then, but as I was leaving he very casually said "I can always numb your mouth if the pain gets too much, its just an option". Needless to say I`m not looking forward to this appointment today. My sister Pauline is coming with me and we will be looking in all the charity shops and then off to my crafty friend Helens shop for a chat and some much needed crafty goodies. I have put my name down to attend one of Helens craft days when she will be having John Lockwood demoing but that is in the summer, still I can`t wait.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment