Tuesday 6 March 2018

Hot pinks to chase away the blues


I hope all my crafty blogger friends are looking forward to the spring and with the clocks going forward this weekend it will feel more spring like after that. On Wednesday Crafters Companion launch another Craft CD from Michelle Jackson Mogford called jungle of dreams. Here is a card which I made using the CD.


This card is easy as it is mainly print, cut out and stick on.
The main side stepper (square) part of the card is 4" x 4" with a 1" strip running across the bottom, the side part can be any size just cut it down after the card is folded.
I used 190gsm mat print paper to print my images on.
The main body of the flamingos was cut out and shaped with a ball tool. I cut slits into the bodies to poke the feathers through and secured them on the back of the bodies. I then used 3D glue to stick the bodies onto the topper when it was secured to the card base.
The sentiment is made using a die from the Crafters Companion 2017 Advent calendar.

This CD is inspired by the artist Rousseau and so a lot of the images are bright and as the name would suggest it has a jungle theme.

...............................................................................

The snow last week was really bad here in Lincolnshire and our little village was cut off for two days. On Friday I had to go out to post these samples back to Crafters Companion and I had to go to work. Luckily some kind farmer had ploughed his way through the snow drifts which were 3` high on the long road out of the village but the road was still only single file and very slippery.
What a difference a few days can make and the temperature feels much better now. I`m going to have a coffee and a catch up with my sister today so that is a real treat because Tuesdays are usually a bit boring.




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous bright and cheerful card.
    Hope that you are safe and warm up there Allison.
    P.S. clocks don't go forward until 25th March 😀

    ReplyDelete