Thursday 25 January 2018

Peek a boo

Today's card is the easiest of all the corner die samples that I made. I knew that I wanted to make an aperture card but couldn't think of a way to make the aperture using the corner dies, then my lovely mentor Jo at Crafters Companion said just make it a hole. Talk about light bulb moment, I had been really over thinking the thing.

 
Another totally different look and shape using the same dies, I mean they just keep on giving.
The backing paper was printed from MJM Lilies and Light CD (by the way I am now working on her next CD and it is fabulous), words are from Crafters Companion Celebration Words dies and the large flowers and Butterfly are also Crafters Companion.
 
...............................................................
 
I`t was such a miserable windy day yesterday that I didn`t really want to go out but as it was my day for volunteering in the cat shop I had to. Now Stuart has an incinerator (you know the type that looks like an old zinc dustbin) and the wind had blown it over, so I picked it up but couldn't find the lid. I got in my car and began to reverse only to run over something, yes it was the incinerator lid. Well now it is squashed and the chimney is pointing off to the side but Stu thinks he can bash it back into shape. A tree had been blown down just outside our village partly blocking the road so I was glad that the cat shop was in the other direction.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card that die looks fab. It was a horrid windy wet day here yesterday too

    ReplyDelete