Saturday 21 October 2017

A Crafters Inspiration card

This is a card that I have made for Crafters Inspiration 16 magazine which is on sale now. I had been asked to make cards which featured bakers twine and when I got the brief I was less than thrilled, I mean bakers twine. I ordered lots of bakers twine in many thicknesses and colours and I have to say the results were much better than I expected.

 
what was used:
2x snowflake dies (1 larger than the other)
snowflake stamp
merry Christmas sentiment stamp
gold embossing powder
cream linen base card 8.5cm x 21.5cm
cream linen card scrap
black Versa Fine ink pad
Versa Mark ink pad
Tim Holtz distress inks - faded jeans, Peacock feathers, evergreen bough, twisted citron
1cm blue faceted gem
thick beige & white bakers twine
water mister
 
 
This is a card packed with techniques so perhaps not for the beginner
 
Stamp the evergreen bough, faded jeans and Peacock feathers distress inks fairly close together onto a craft mat and mist with water until beads of water can be seen. Take a piece of Sheena stamping card bigger than the finished panel to be used and roll it once onto the inks, dry the paper and repeat the process until you have the desired look.
When the card is dry cut it down to size and rub over any light or whit patches with twisted citron distress ink.
 
Using a Versa Mark ink pad randomly stamp snowflakes on the coloured panel, cover with gold embossing powder and heat emboss.
 
Attach two pieces of bakers twine to the side of the panel. Mat and layer the panel onto the gold mirri card, then onto black card and finally onto the base card.
 
Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap of cream linen card using Versa Fine ink and cut this out to form a tag.
 
Cut 2 snowflakes from the mirri card (one larger than the other) and glue them together. Glue the tag on to the card, glue the snowflakes to the tag and finally glue the gem onto the snowflakes.
 
 
I used a hot glue gun to attach the tag, snowflakes and gem as this sets quickly and forms a coating over the bakers twine which the embellishments can attach to.
 
I am still waiting for my Crafters Inspiration to arrive and I cant wait to get my hands on the CD and look at the fabulous Christmas backing papers which are on it. I know there is a lovely Christmas embossing folder and snowflake edge die too so I think I might be making some Christmas cards whilst I`m off work this next week.
 
..........................................................................
 
I am going on a shopping trip with a good friend today and although she is not a crafter she is very good and puts up with me dragging her into any shop that looks remotely crafty and then getting over excited over a crayon or pencil.  She is the same when we visit a garden centre and see plants.
I think storm Brian is due to descend today so that will bring even more leaves off our trees and Stu will be having more bonfires. I hope you all keep safe and don't get blown away.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love baker’s twine and it looks great on this fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marianne. I had to make 10 things so in the end I had to be quite a bit more imaginative. Xx

      Delete