Monday 30 October 2017

Happy birthday Debbie Xx

Today my niece has her 40th birthday and I have made this card for her. I didn't know weather to make a Halloween birthday card as I was busy making Halloween things for the Crafters Companion blog (take a look if you dare) but decided against it in the end.

 
what was used:
flourish embossing folder
Tim Holtz,THS032 Flourish, stencil
Tim Holtz distress inks - picked raspberry, Fossilized amber, spiced marmalade, mustard seed
orange pen
Pebio gilding wax
Versamark stamp pad
fine detail gold embossing powder
8" x 7" cream base card
black card
5mm peach ribbon
8mm orange gem
mister bottle
craft mat
 
This card used a lot of techniques but once the background is created the rest is easy peasy.
 
Make the background by dabbing directly onto the craft mat with the spiced marmalade, fossilized amber and picked raspberry distress inks (near to each other but try not to have them touching). Spray the ink dabs with the mister until water droplets can be seen. Cut a piece of Sheena stamping card in half and roll it over the inks. Dry the card and repeat the process until the desired pattern is achieved. Allow the card to completely dry and cut to required size, lightly rub over any white areas with mustard seed distress ink using cut & dry.
 
Place the stencil over one corner and apply the Pebio gilding wax. Remove the stencil and repeat at the opposite corner. Allow the gilding wax to completely dry.
 
Stamp the sentiment with Versamark and apply the gold detail embossing powder, emboss with a heat tool. Cut the sentiment out and colour in the words using the orange pen.
 
Decide where the sentiment needs to be on the topper and place a strip of the satin ribbon down the side of the topper.
Mat and layer the topper onto black card and then onto the base card, cut the base card down to size.
 
Cut the numbers from the gold card and emboss with the embossing folder. Stick the numbers onto the card.
 
Stick the sentiment onto the card along with the ribbon and the gem.
 
 
I used Stick & Spray to glue the numbers to the card and a hot glue gun to glue the sentiment, ribbon and gem to the card.
 
................................................................
 
My niece loved her card and put pictures of it on Face Book, here is the box I made to put it in.
 
 
 
The weather looks like its going to be good today and I have a load of washing to do so that's the first of my jobs. I have some samples to make for Crafters Companion and one of them is a cushion cover which I have made but I just need to nip into Market Rasen and get a cushion bale to stuff it with, I cant wait to share those samples with you. I had a great shopping trip with my friend on Saturday, I thought I could shop but she wore me out. We had tea and cake and then we were shopping for so long that we had to go for another cuppa but no cake the second time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours! Great card! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise indeed coming from the master of colours. Thank you Lisa, I loved making it. Xx

      Delete