Thursday 10 August 2017

A box of hearts

Here is another of the samples which I made for the CI 15 magazine. I just made a random size box but you could make a box to fit a present, say some tea lights. If you do have a go at making this project don`t throw away the template as I will show  you a card that you can make with that tomorrow.
 
 
 
what was used:
Crafters Inspiration 15 heart die
12" x 12" Coredinations pastels linen card
Crafters Companion Big Score
Sheena stamping card
Tim Holtz distress inks - various colours
organza ribbon
 
Work out the size of the box lid and cut a piece of card roughly to size but larger.
Cut another piece of card roughly to the same size and randomly cut the heart shapes into the card.
Place the heart card template over the card to be used for the box lid and sponge colour the hearts with Tim Holtz distress inks.
Remove the template (do not throw the template away) and make the box lid using your Big Score.
 
Make the box bottom using the peach card from your Coredinations and tie the organza ribbon around the finished box.
 
This is a really pretty gift box which looks more complicated than it is and when teamed with the card made from the template which I will be showing you tomorrow it gives a very coordinated look. I never used to like constructing boxes but now that I have the Crafters Companion Big Score it is so easy to make fabulous gift boxes and bags.  
 
................................................................................................
 
Thank goodness the rain has stopped and the sun has returned although its cooler this morning. I am going to be working on more secret stuff this time for Crafters Companion but my MoJo is hiding and I need to find it and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment