Thursday 3 November 2016

You don`t see many of these in November

Hello, it`s frosty out this morning and as we get further on into Autumn I think the only Butterflies to be seen will be on cards like this one. This is another card I have made using the new LC Designs Dinkie 3D Butterfly stamp. I love the bright colours of Butterflies and so I decided to paint this one in rainbow colours.



what I used:
small butterfly stamp
small sentiment stamp
VersaMark ink pad
5 1/4" base card
yellow & craft card & small piece of gold card from stash
open weave hessian type fabric
watercolour paper
gold embossing powder
gold Liquid Pearls
2 x brass brads
 
Stamp the 3D Butterfly and heat emboss using the gold embossing powder on water colour paper, then colour it using watercolours and a water brush (Spectrum Aqua).
The background layer of Butterflies is also made by heat embossing the gold embossing powder onto craft card.
Cut the embossed pieces to size and add gold Liquid Pearls to the edges.
Mat and layer the various components to create the card.
Finally add the sentiment which has been heat embossed onto gold card and brass brads added.
 
..........................................................................
 
 
The quilting fabric sale that I went to earlier on this week was a lovely day out with my friend but I only managed to spend £2, mind you I did seem to get quite a lot for my money but I felt a bit of a failure as it was to raise funds for the Lincolnshire Cat Trust. Today I have a free day and I am hoping to get some Christmas cards made to send out this year as it always seems to be a last minute push with my personal Christmas cards. My craft table is right under a big window and although its lovely to look out from its quite chilly now that the weather has turned frosty and I find my fingers get quite cold so I have invested in some fingerless gloves but I have no doubt that when I start gluing things they may have to come off. I hope you have a productive day today and manage to stay warm.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment