Wednesday 9 November 2016

Famous for 15 seconds

Good morning Crafty friends, today I am sharing another card which I made to launch the Crafters Companion Catitudes collection as it is still showing on Hochanda as a "one day special". I watched the show last night when they began the launch and I had my 15 seconds of fame because this card was at the front of the main display and got quite a lot of air time. I have to say that I didn't know the prices for any of the things I used when I was making the cards but after seeing the show I think everything is good value for money but especially the stamps (I haven't got the stamps so I may have purchase them today but don't tell hubby).


  
what I used:
Catitude CD (topper 73) 
Catitudes Heart Balloons die
Catitudes Delicate Florals embossing folder
Catitudes paper pad
6" x 6" base card
good quality 210gsm mat print paper
blue pearl card with white core
red card & black card
ring binder punch
Glossy Accents
5mm red satin ribbon
red embroidery thread

This card is quite simple as it is just printing off the image, a bit of embossing and then mat and layering.
The fancy pattern at the bottom of the card is made by embossing the blue pearl card and cutting out both ends of the design, then rub the design with a sanding block to reveal the inner white core (this is a lovely technique as the card feels like velvet flock after the core is exposed). Stick the two pieces of card together on the reverse with tape and cut to size.
The heart balloons were cut from red card, I used the embroidery thread to make the strings and when the balloons were stuck onto the card I covered them with Glossy Accents.

.................................................................................... 

Well after an exciting night watching my cards (and the rest of the teams fabulous cards) on TV I then watched a film so it was a late night for me and as the weather man had predicted snow over night I wasn't sure what I would wake up to this morning. The snow didn't arrive here in Lincolnshire but I have seen some pictures from my family in Yorkshire and they have had a bit of the white stuff and a scary trip into work this morning. I hope you are safe and snug today and keeping warm.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card! The colours are really fresh and fun. No snow down here but that is usual for the Isle of Wight!! Jane :) x

    ReplyDelete