Friday 19 August 2016

Green is my favourite colour

Today I can finally share a card that I made quite a few weeks ago but the stamps have only just been launched today so I had to keep it under wraps. If you remember I got some Brushos and had a bit of a disaster with my first attempt at using them but this background was what happened on my second attempt, it turns out I was using them all wrong and so I am lucky that I managed to salvage this background and use it to some effect for this card. I love this new stamp set from LC Designs, well it has cats so that's all it takes to make me happy and I really like the vibrant green colour that the Brushos have made. To launch the stamp set it is being offered at an amazing price of £5 instead of its usual £6 and I have put the official flyer at the bottom of this post so you can see what great value it is.



what I used:
LC Designs The Purrfect Combination stamp set - £6 or on offer for £5
Brushos - lime green & olive green
yellow pastel chalk
6" x 6" base card
lime green linen card
black mat card
mottled green paper from stash
teal satin ribbon from stash

I made the background first by putting the lime green and olive green brushos onto card and spritzing it with water (I put far too much brusho and water onto the card and I ended up having to dab at the brusho with a wet wipe as it just clumped together).
When the background was dry I stamped the tree image and then I cut the image topper down to size. I had some clear white card showing in places and so I lightly coloured this in using the yellow pastel chalk.
The rest of the card is simply mat and layering and the sentiment is part of the stamp set and is just purrfect for this card


No comments:

Post a Comment