Saturday 9 July 2016

Wavy Christmas Village

 


Hello its time for another LC Designs stamp challenge but this is to be the last one as the design team are to be disbanded. I have really enjoyed being part of the design team and over my 18months I have made some fantastic friends and gained so much experience. I would like to thank LC (Steve and Gill) for giving me this opportunity, I also want to thank all my past and present teamies for making the journey a very pleasant one and finally I want to thank all the people who took part in the LC challenges because without you I would have been out of a job.
The theme for this challenge is "anything goes" so that means a free hand to do whatever I want and as LC Designs have just launched a new range of wavy Christmas stamp sets I have chosen the Wavy Christmas Village Scene for my card which I hope inspires you to enter the challenge one last time.

The prize for this months challenge are here



I have used:
18.5cm x 7cm tent fold hammered white base card
LC Designs Way Village Scene stamp set £6.00 and it includes two sentiment stamps 
Liquid Pearls
7mm blue satin ribbon

This card although small has real impact but I have to apologise for the wonky looking photograph, I really must find a better way to take pictures of tent fold cards.
I prefer to colour my designs using water colours and I use a combination of watercolour pens and distress inks which I paint onto a palette using a water colour brush and then apply the colour or blend of colours to my design. When I want a wishy washy or faded colour I wet the card using a clean water colour brush and then apply the colour. I like my water colour technique and so I haven't ever bothered to buy alcohol pens and any way they are so expensive, but I have to say I do like some of the results I`ve seen from using them so perhaps one day I might have a go.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allison. I love your wavy card samples, so I thought I would pop over to your blog. I'm now following you and looking forward to seeing more of your lovely cards.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete