Tuesday 17 April 2018

You can almost smell the biscuits baking

This is a card I have made for Little Claire as they are on Hochanda this Saturday (21/04) at 2 PM and this is one of the stamps that they will be featuring. I love this country kitchen scene and I can just imagine sitting in a wooden rocking chair in front of the oven rocking and waiting for the biscuits to bake.

 
The background paper is printed from the NitWit "Crab Apple Lane country lady" downloadable paper pad", I love NitWit papers when stamping detail images as they are quite fussy and I find that downloading them and printing them off to any size is the best way of using them.
 
 The lacy die used for the edge of the card is an old Spellbinders nesting set of dies but I`ve had them so long I have no packaging and so I don`t know what they are called.
 
I made the flowers by sticking some hessian to craft card using wet glue and then when it was completely dry I cut the flower shape using one of the Crafters Companion, floral delight, pretty petals dies.
 
The stamped image was coloured in using watercolour pencils, this is the first time I have used these pencils and I loved them especially for fine detail shading as in this stamp.
 
.................................................................................................
 
I have managed to do a lot of DT work in the holidays and despite the weather Stu and me have managed to start on the BIG task of sorting out the garden. When I was cutting the lawn on Saturday I was bumping the mower into the hedge and saw what I thought I was an old nest from last year but on further inspection it was a new nest and a lady Blackbird was sat on it keeping very still and trying not to be noticed. I carried on mowing the grass and left her to her brooding but I was a bit concerned because the hedge was looking a bit sparse and I thought if I could see the nest then predators would. Well its amazing what a difference a few days makes and the hedge has become very green and although I haven't looked I imagine Mrs Blackbird and her nest will be well hidden by now. We have a nest box which a couple of Coal Tits used last year to raise a family and they are in it again this year. I don't know for sure if they are the same pair that used it last year but I would like to think they are as I did wonder about them when the weather was very cold this winter.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Allison. Love this stamp x(Nicola)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicola, I didn`t know what to do with this stamp at first but when I coloured it in and found the backing paper "hay presto". I hope you are OK Nicola, good to hear from you. Xx

    ReplyDelete