Thursday 19 April 2018

Out of my comfort zone

I`m sharing something a bit different with you today, some construction. I have made all of these gift boxes using the Crafters Companion "big score" score board, big score DVDs and new A3 card which is launching today on Hochanda at 6pm as a one day special.


Accordian file

Cut down wine box

Self closing pouch
 

Twist tea light box

Chocolate box
 
what was used:
 
I was a bit nervous about making these boxes at first as I`ve never attempted any thing so complex but using the big score board and DVDs it was easy. The card is amazing and just the thing for construction projects as it folds beautifully, doesn`t crack and is just the right weight, not to mention the gorgeous shabby chic designs. Unfortunately I can`t give you any templates or tips on how to make these boxes but all the details are on the DVDs "the big score video project DVD" and "the big score advanced projects DVD". Of course you could just buy the beautiful card and make projects of your own or projects found on YouTube and Pinterest. I would just add that I like to use Collall tacky glue to glue the boxes together as this is super strong and doesn't take long to dry, nobody wants a gift box to fall apart once you`ve put all that work into making it.
 

3 comments:

  1. No one would ever think that you had never done anything like this before Allison. They are all amazing and the card stock looks gorgeous. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicola, you`re right the card is fabulous. I really enjoyed making these boxes in the end but packing them up for postage was a bit of a nightmare, however having seen them on the show last night it seems they all arrived safely (phew).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have seen your samples lots and lots on the shows! They are gorgeous and I think your accordion one was the first one I saw shown. Good for you. Nicola x

      Delete