Wednesday 18 April 2018

Boozy shenanigans

Well I`ve seen wasps getting drunk on old apples but I didn`t know that Hedgehogs liked beer. This card is made using one of the Little Claire stamps that will feature in their next Hochanda show (Saturday 2pm). It also uses one of the Crafters Companion easel card dies but only as a blank card to showcase the cute stamp.

 
I used Crafters Companion "Butterfly easel" dies to create the basic easel card and to cut out the lacy bit for the base of the card.
 
The background I made myself by using distress inks (twisted citron, salty ocean & stormy sky) and the glycerine method. If you`re not familiar with the glycerine method it is really easy, simply take a piece of Sheena stamping card and using a sponge rub over it with a small amount of glycerine. On your craft mat lay down the three colours and a small drop of glycerine. Begin by picking up a small amount of glycerine onto the foam and dab the foam lightly into a colour, rub the colour randomly onto thee Sheena card. Repeat this process with all the colours and separate pieces of foam, using the foam add colour direct from the stamp pad if you want a stronger look. Blend the colours until you have the desired effect and allow to dry.
 
The damask pattern to the left of the card was made by using a stencil brush to stipple gesso through a Tim Holtz "damask" stencil.
 
I do think the colours really lift this card and I would recommend making your own backgrounds when you have the time, sometimes I feel crafty but cant find my mojo so I just mess about and make a few backgrounds. Have a look on YouTube and you will find loads of tutorials.
If you decide to try the glycerine method I would recommend you get your glycerine from Boots as its only 99p for 200ml. The small bottles that are sold in supermarkets (if you can find them) are usually only 38ml and although this will last a long time they are way more expensive.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Allison(much better than my version by far!) The background colours really help to bring out the stamp. Great explanation of using glycerine with your ink pads. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicola, I`m so glad you like it. I love using the glycerine method to make backgrounds, its become my go to thing these days. I do hate how the glycerine is a bit sticky and I have to wash my hands as soon as I`ve finished.

    ReplyDelete