Monday 13 July 2015

Hello Mr Robin Dinkie Stamp

 
 
Last week I had a lovely padded envelope drop through my door and although I know by now that this envelope is usually filled with Little Claire sample stamps I do not know what the stamps are until I open the envelope. I was delighted to find three little Christmas Dinkie stamps inside which are due to go on sale at the beginning of August. I wasn't sure what to do at first as I have not made a small card before but I told myself that it would be "just like making a tag" and off I went to my craft room. I think that the cards that resulted are fun and I loved making them (hardly had to think about what to do, it just happened and its a good way of using up scraps) and I have put three posts with full recipes on my blog so take a look at them and don't forget to make a date in your diary to order these stamps in August when they launch.
 
what you will need:
Little Claire Hello Mr Robin Dinkie stamp
Versa Fine black ink pad
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink and Cut n Dry
random swirly type stamp
white card to stamp onto
red scrap card
green scrap card
colouring in implements
Lea`bilities Holly Leaves and Pine Branches die
die cutting machine
Docrafts Bellissima Doily Frame sentiment stamp
Glamour dust glitter
Wet glue
decal edge scissors
 
Using a stamp with a random swirl  pattern and the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink stamp around the edge of the mini scallop card (after inking the stamp I then stamped the image onto a piece of scrap paper to remove excess ink from the stamp and then stamped onto the card).
 
Cut the red card to size and tint the edges using the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink and the
Cut n Dry foam.
Stick the red card onto the base card at a jaunty angle.
 
Using the Little Claire Hello Mr Robin stamp and the Versa Fine black ink pad stamp the image onto white card.
Cut around the image with the decal edge scissors but remember to leave a border.
Colour the image.
Apply wet glue around the decal edge of the image  and the snowman's hat and sprinkle with Glamour dust.
Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
Stick the image onto the base card.
 
Using the Lea`bilities holly die cut the holly leaves from the green card and then emboss.
Shape the holly leaves slightly.
Stick the holly leaves onto the card.
Cut three berries from the red card.
Bevel the berries and stick onto the card.
 
Using the Docrafts Bellissima Doily Frame sentiment stamp and the Versa Fine ink pad stamp the image onto white card.
Cut the sentiment out to form two separate words.
Stick the words onto the card. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment