Monday 13 August 2018

Do you believe

This is another card Ive made for the Crafters Companion "one day special" on Hochanda today (6pm) and this features one of the Christmas words 3D embossing folders. I think we are all guilty of buying embossing folders and then not using them that much but with these folders which are definitely the star of any card you should use them like a 3D stamp and have fun colouring them in.


The background is made using the glycerin method and I used twisted citron, stormy sky and tumbled glass distress inks, I then splodged water over the coloured card and blotted it off.

The embossing folder is a regular 5" x 7" and I think this is another reason we don't use embossing folder that much because its an odd size but as you see here it can be cut down. 

Once the background card was completely dry (it didn't take long in the heatwave we were having at the time) I embossed it - I have learnt that it is better if you put the embossing folder through your machine with the hinged part nearest you and then if the card wanted to slip it has no where to go.

Now the fun begins colouring in the design. I used a Leoni Pujol sparkle pen arctic to colour the actual word and I liked the brush tip for getting into the fiddly lines. I used a gold gelly roll pen for the foliage and a Spectrum noir aqua tint pen red berry to colour the berries.

I really lightly rubbed the rope part of the embossing with stormy sky distress ink on a piece of cut n dry and when I say lightly I mean I barely touched it.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment