Friday 30 March 2018

Bright and beautiful

Did you like the easel dies from Crafters Companion? I thought they were the best designed dies I`ve ever used and on Monday they will be launching another 4 sets of easel dies. I`m sharing with you a card that nearly went in the bin at one time because when I did the background I didn`t like it but then when the overlay went on it looked fine.

 
die`sire, create a card, "swirl easel" dies
Crafters Companion Advent calendar 2017 (Butterfly die)  
Spectrum Noir sparkle pen - crystal clear
Sheena stamping card
Woodware sentiment stamp
pastel chalks to make ombre card
mat black card
pink sugar paper
black Versafine ink pad
2mm AB faceted gems
 
I used the pastel chalks on Sheena stamping card to make an ombre background big enough to make the topper, card base and Butterfly.
 
The rest of the card is fairly straight forward and as always with these cards I have used stick & spray glue to attach the delicate overlays.
 
The decoration for the base of the easel card must be cut to size to allow for the fold of the card and I marked this and cut it before sticking down.
 
I used the sparkle pen on the butterfly to make it pop and look a bit special.
 
If you have a Gemini machine I would highly recommend any of the easel dies as they do all the work and you really just have to think of a colour scheme. I have seen the rest of the samples made by the DT and they are just amazing. I know I will be glued to the TV on Monday.
 
..............................................................................................................
 
I hope you are having a crafty bank holiday this Easter, I know I will as I have lots of DT work to do. If the weather is OK I hope to get out into the garden this weekend as it looks such a mess. I have planted up some chilli seeds and Stu has his Tomato seeds planted up in a tray as it was lovely and warm on Monday but then it got cold again so I guess we will just have to wait and see if they grow.
The snow seems like a distant memory now that the clocks have gone forward and the lighter nights are here but it was really snowy here and this is what the road out of our village looked like.
 
 
I had to go to work the Sunday after it snowed and I had a walk down the road to take a look how bad it was. It doesn`t look too bad on this photo but it had drifted further up the road and my little car wouldn't have made it so Stu took me to work in his big old bus of a car. We are going to get rid of his car this year as it is a diesel and the road tax for diesels is set to go up quite a lot, It`s such a shame because that old car is so reliable especially in the snow.
 
 

 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment