Tuesday 2 May 2017

Is thare life outside of my craft room?

Well hello crafty peeps, I hope you all had a good May Day weekend, I was working and yesterday I kept thinking it was Saturday, today I think its Monday so I`m totally confused. I have been really busy lately doing secret stuff for Crafters Inspiration magazine but that wont be on sale until August so its a long time till I can share that with you.
Here is a card I have made for the Little Claire Hochanda show which will be on the tellybox on Friday 5/5/17. Little Claire have a lot of new stamps to launch in these shows and I hope to be sharing with you this week some of the samples I have made with them. 
 


what was used:
LC Designs "to the happy couple" stamp (not sure if it is called this)
Marianne swirly Rose flower die
Marianne swirly flourish dies
6" x 6" cream linen card base
gold mirri card
Kanban cream and gold foil card
brown card
red mulberry paper
3 x red paper rose buds
2cm wide cream/organza fancy ribbon
red heart button & gold thread
black Versa Fine ink pad
gold ink pad
 
This is a really simple card to make and although I used my Brother Scan n Cut machine to make the heart aperture it would work equally well using nesting heart dies or even nesting dies of other shapes. I wanted the image to look like an old wedding photo so I used sepia tones to colour it.
 
............................................................................
 
I have been so busy crafting lately that I haven't been out of my craft room too much and poor Stew (or lucky Stew depending on how you see it) hasn't seen much of me the last couple of weeks. He had his big 70th Birthday last week and it was my Birthday on Saturday so I escaped my craft room and we went out for a nice meal with some friends. I am thinking about my next crafty project and I have a plan to turn some old teacups/mugs into pin cushions for the Lincolnshire Trust For Cats open day in September and I will share them with you if they turn out well - fingers crossed.
The sun is shining and it looks like its going to be a beautiful day today so I might go and help Stu pot up some plants. Did I mention that a few weeks ago it was warm and I sowed some peas and carrots and then it turned cold and a bit frosty and I thought oh well that's my seeds lost - not so because I had a look on Friday and they are growing well, so well that I will have to put some canes in for the peas to climb up.
 

1 comment: