Sunday 12 February 2017

Just to say you are amazing

Hello my crafty friends, I am sorry it has been a while since my last blog but I have been really busy doing secret stuff for Crafters Companion and although I can`t tell you about it just yet I will say it is the first new collection of products to be launched since Sara came back after having her baby and it is just the most amazing collection I have ever worked with, even the Butterflies are fantastic and as you know I don't like Butterflies - I cant wait to share it with you.
This is a card I have made a week or so ago for a friend who I hadn't spoken to for a while but I wanted to let her know that I was thinking about her and that she is amazing. I used the Leonis stamps which came with issue 13 of Crafters Inspiration magazine and I just love how quirky they are.


what was used:
Leoni flower and sentiment stamps from Crafters Inspiration issue 13
Crafters Companion, Diamond Press, Handmade Love zig-zag stamp
Artylicious Filigree Fusion CD
cream base card
cream linen card to stamp onto
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain
large flourish die to make for top corner
smaller corner die for bottom corner
2 x cream mulberry flowers
cream organza ribbon
2 x small pearl gems
 
I have once again been bad and sent the card off without measuring it so you will just have to guestimate the dimensions - SORRY
 
I stamped the flowers onto cream linen card using the Walnut Stain ink pad and then used the Vintage Photo ink pad to shade them. I cut the topper to size and then stamped the zig-zags around the edge using the Vintage Photo ink.
 
I printed the
backing paper onto watercolour paper and mat and layered it onto the cream base card.
 
The die cut flourishes were cut from cream card and then I tinted them with the distress inks.
 
Finally I tinted the flowers by wetting them with a water brush and then colouring them with the Vintage Photo distress ink applied with the water brush. I let the flowers dry and then added Walnut Stain distress ink to the centre.
...........................................................................................
 
 
I am on half term holiday now so I thought I would get a bit of decorating done (I thought), but then my sister thinks she might be coming to visit for a couple of nights and I have just gotten a top secret project from Little Claire Designs so I think the decorating might have to be shelved for now. I haven't seen my sister in ages so it will be lovely to have her stay, I just hope the weather is a bit better than of late. LC Designs have sent me two new stamp sets which will feature on their next Hochanda slot on 20th March, they are beautiful so I cant wait to get started with them and I`m sure you will love them too when you see them.



No comments:

Post a Comment