Monday 26 December 2016

Roll on New Years Eve

I`m sorry I haven't been posting here lately but I had a problem with Blogger (I couldn't find my blog  dashboard for a while) and then it was full steam ahead to Christmas. The next big event on the calendar is New Years Eve so here is a card I made as a DT project for Crafters Companion and if you are having a party this could be a perfect invitation card.

 
what you need:
Crafters Companion Die`sire Edgeables Cocktail Club dies
Serif Craft Artist, Evening Sky backing paper
Serif Craft Artist Troutkings BTF font for sentiment
6" x 6" white base card
plum card
good quality 210gsm white mat paper to print onto
white card to use with die and as mat and layer for sentiment
Sakura silver glitter pen
Stickles - Crystal & Xmas Red
glitzy lilac organza ribbon 4cm wide
pink satin ribbon 7mm wide
assorted lilac sequins
pens to colour the cocktail and lemon
 
This card is a bit tricky as you really need to plan where the little flying umbrellas need to go. The sentiment was written in white and overlaid onto the background in the graphics program and then printed out. Having said that I think it is quite eye catching and well worth a go.
 
.............................................................
 
Its been a bit traumatic here on the crafting front as I couldn't access my blog for a while and then my die cutting machine broke on 23/12 and I had been given 6 dies to make samples with before 29/12. I ordered a new machine but it won`t be delivered till 29/12 so I will have to send the dies back and apologise for failing with a commission. I was very upset at first but then realised that I would be free to enjoy my Christmas as I would have time on my hands. So that's what I`m doing having a little rest and enjoying my free time. I hope you all have had a fabulous Christmas and now that its all over for another year you can enjoy the rest of your holiday if you are lucky enough to get time off work.
 
I am not going to a party on New Years Eve (my friends back in Bradford call it Old Years Night) but I will be staying up for the "first footing", a tradition associated with Scotland but my Mother although not Scottish was deeply superstitious and always made my Dad do it and I carry it on now. If you`re not familiar with this tradition a dark haired man must cross the threshold of the house with a piece of coal and a piece of silver after midnight to ensure wealth and warmth for the future year. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment