Thursday 29 September 2016

Love is in the air part 2

Hello my crafty friends this is the second commissioned sample wedding invitation card I have made using the Peter Rabbit theme as requested by the bride and groom. Again I have kept the construction simple as I will be making 35 or so of which ever design is chosen so I didn't want to get bogged down with complicated techniques. There has been an update on this order so please tune in for part 3 when all will be revealed.

 
what I used:
Crafters Companion Peter Rabbit CD ROM
NitWit Lovestruck Too paper download
white linen base card 12cm x 17cm
circle die
eyelet circle die
pearl heart and blue satin bow
 
I use Craft Artist when I am printing and I find it really easy to map out designs on the computer
screen before I ever print them which is a good way to minimise wasted ink and paper.
 
Open up the NitWit papers needed in Craft Artist and trim them to just a bit lager than the size required. Open the Peter Rabbit image and re sized it to 6.75cm from top to bottom. Write the words Wedding (and again separately) Invitation in Piranesi It BT 36.4pt font, arrange the words as in the picture and group the words together. Arrange the images to fit onto the page as best you can (you may need to carry some images over onto another page as they may not all fit onto a A4 sheet of paper) and print the page onto good quality mat photo paper.
The rest of the card construction is simple die cutting and mat and layering from here on...
 
 
........................................................................................................
 
 
I have been lad low this week with a wretched cold so nothing much has been done in the house or craft wise and I feel quite guilty. It looks like the weather has finally turned more Autumney and I do love Autumn its my favourite time of the year, its the colours, the smells of fires burning and less biting things in the garden. Yesterday I mowed the lawn hopefully for the last time this year and today I must get out and tidy up the planters and divide some plants in the garden ready for next year. I wanted to do a bit of crafting today but at this time of the year you have to make the most of any dry days and then tomorrow I`m back at work. So as the days are getting shorter I feel that the weeks are too, I just don't know where the time goes. Whatever you are doing with your day I hope you have a good one.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. sorry about the cold, hope you're feeling better! meanwhile, BOTH of your peter rabbit samples are adorable, i think the only problem will be that the couple have an impossible time in choosing!!! <3

    ReplyDelete