Tuesday 6 June 2017

I can see beautiful colours

I`m sorry its been a while since I last blogged but I have been doing top secret stuff for Crafters Companion - 15 makes in about 10 days. I was sent three "create a card" dies to play with and this is the first card that I made with them. I don't think I would have bought the dies for myself but now that I have used them and can see how useful they will be I might have to purchase a few more in the range.

what was used: 
Crafters Companion, Die`sire, Create a  Card, Love is in the Air dies
Crafters Companion Happy Birthday dies
Crafters Companion, Centura Pearl white with a hint of silver card
Crafters Companion, Sheena stamping card
blue card
Spectrum Aqua pens - red violet & yellow
Tim Holtz distress oxide ink - faded jeans
15cm x 15cm white base card
small hole punch
ring binder hole punch
small heart punch
5mm wide pink satin ribbon

To make the background paper you need to cut the Sheena stamping card to a manageable size and using the Spectrum Aqua pens colour about 1cm along the bottom of the card with each colour. Turn the card over, take a flat brush and thoroughly wet this side and then turn the card back over and wet the other side whilst dragging the colour along the card (you can add more colour if you feel it is necessary but once the card is wet this is a bit tricky). Allow the card to thoroughly dry.

This ombre card is also used for the 3D pink flowers which come as a separate die and also the small hearts.

Once the heart shape is cut from the Centura pearl card simply sponge the faded jeans distress oxide ink along the edge and allow to dry thoroughly (I heat dried my inked shape with a heat gun as I was told that this would set the distress oxide ink).

I cut away the petals of the flowers that I would be replacing with die cuts.

This is not an easy peasy card to make as the ombre background can be fiddly however now that I have done it on this card I cant stop doing it on other makes - it is very satisfying. You can always use a ready made ombre backing paper if making your own is a bit of a faff.

.............................................................................

As I have mentioned I have 15 of these samples to share and my problem now is deciding which ones to chose. I think the dies are launched on Hochanda later this week, probably Friday or Saturday and I can`t wait to see the rest of the dies in this collection.
 
 As you can imagine I didn`t get much me time last week and it was half term too but I was really glad for that because I certainly needed the time to get my samples completed. My darling cats R&R brought some unwanted guests home (fleas) and with the hot weather we were all scratching in no time. A visit to the vets on Thursday saw the fleas running, or should that be hopping, and the cooler weather now means that our itches are a lot calmer. Of course fleas are a bit of a problem now as they like so many pests are becoming tolerant to pesticides. Its a shame that pests grow tolerant to pesticides whilst our little friends the Bees are being killed off by them. Talking of Bees it seems we have wild bees in the roof and in the electric box outside. I did need to go do a meter reading but decided not to disturb the bees as they do need all the help they can get and I don't think they live that long any way.
 
I`ll be sharing more of these samples with you this week so I really hope you like them.



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment