Thursday 8 June 2017

Feeling lovey-dovey

Friday is nearly here and the launch of the "create a card" dies which I have been lucky enough to work with (Friday at 6 on Hochanda). These dies are called feathered friends and here I`ve made an anniversary card.
 
 
what was used:
Crafters Companion, Die`sire, Create a Card, Feathered Friends dies
Crafters Companion, Shabby Chic, Vintage Lace Edge die
Crafters Companion, Centura Metallics, Precious Golds cardstock
Blue backing paper (handmade)
pink backing paper (handmade)
19cm x 14.5cm cram base card
cream paper
small heart punch
sentiment made using Serif Craft Artist
Pebio, Empire Gold gilding wax
7mm wide navy blue satin ribbon
1cm dark AB dazzler gem
 
This is a straight forward card to make however I did use pre made backing papers which are not difficult to make but will have to be made in advance.
 
BACKING PAPERS:
The blue backing paper is made by simply spritzing a dark navy blue paper with Cosmic Shimmer and leaving to dry.
 
The pink backing paper is made by thoroughly wetting (on both sides) a piece of white copy paper, select a couple of Cosmic Shimmer misters in a pale pink and a pale green colour and using a paint brush dab the colour on to the surface of the copy paper, screw the paper up into a tight ball and squeeze out any excess water. Gently unfold the wet paper and allow to dry.
If the paper is too crinkly when dry you can always iron with a cool iron on the reverse.
 
To make the card easier to make I cut the die cuts separately and put them  together on the card with the ribbon masking the join.
 
If you are going to make the backing papers it might be as well to batch make a few in different colours, its good fun and well worth the effort.
 
.............................................................................................................
 
I have just heard the local weather lady say "if you get any rain today its going to be light" but as I look out of my window its throwing it down so I think she needs to take a look out of her window. R&R are very grumpy with the rain and they seem to think that if they protest loud enough I will flip a switch and make the sunshine come back (if only).
Its election day today and so I will have to make the effort and go to vote. I am more confused than ever now after all the campaigns and debates but my ancestors fought fiercely so women can vote today and I shall not let them down, but I think I may have to take a blindfold and a pin to chose. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment