Tuesday 4 October 2016

Love is in the air 3

Hello lovely crafty friends and here I am with the 3rd and final wedding invitation sample that I made for a friends wedding. As you already know the couple wanted a Peter Rabbit theme and I made this card to give them a more traditional look. I love how the card turned out but it was fiddly to make and I prayed that they didn't chose this one as I didn't want to make it another 35 times.

 
what I used:
Crafters Companion Peter Rabbit CD ROM
circle dies - one slightly lager than the other
Spellbinders fancy edge dies
blue base card 17cm x 12cm
white pearl card
blue satin bow
 
I cut the blue base card with the plain shaped edge die to cut the fancy shape to the front of the card (these dies come as a set of fancy and not so fancy dies) .
I then used the fancy cut away die on the white pearl card to make the lacy effect and then trimmed and stuck this down to mat and layer onto the base card.
I opened the Peter Rabbit image in my graphics programme (Craft Artist) and re sized it to  6.75cm from top to bottom. I always like to try to get as much of my printing done on the same piece of paper so I wrote the words Wedding Invitation in Zelda 28.14pt and left enough room between the words for the topper to be placed. I printed out the designs onto good quality mat print paper.
The wording was mat and layered onto blue card and stuck into place.
I cut the Peter Rabbit image out using the smaller of the dies and mat and layered it onto a s slightly lager circle of blue card and then stuck it onto the base card.
Finally I attached the blue bow.
 
I am happy to say that the card they finally decided to have is card No 1 and so I will be getting busy over the next few days making up the order.
 
                           ................................................................................ 
 
I am loving the way Autumn is turning out so far with sunny days and clear cold nights. Rosie was being naughty the other night and sneaked out after dark so I decided to sit outside and wait for her as we haven't got a cat flap. It was a cold but clear night so I got wrapped up in a quilt and set about to do some sky watching and I`m so glad I did because I managed to see two really bright meteors, so clear in fact that the first one made me jump. Rosie came home eventually after her night time adventure and we were both glad to get back into the warmth of the house.                  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment