Wednesday 12 October 2016

A card I never wanted to make

Hello crafty friends, today I am sharing a card that I said I never would make - a bereavement card. I always thought it would be depressing to spend time thinking about and making a bereavement card but a good friend lost her husband last weekend and as she knows I make cards I thought it would be disrespectful to her husband if I bought one. I had to do the thing I said I never would and I didn't know where to start as it has to be respectful but not morbid. I bought the angel wings by mistake a month or so ago and they were just the right image for this card as it turns out. I hope you never need to make this kind of card but if you do then this one is really quick and easy to do.


what I used:
Tattered Lace Angel Wings die
Tonic heart punch
small hole punch
dull gold card
mink pearl card
red card
dark cream parchement card
Thinking of you gold peel off sentiment
5mm red satin ribbon

The card is really just mat and layering and very easy to construct. My finished card measures 15.1cm x 9.6cm but as I make my cards to fit the image it is not a standard size and I have made the envelope myself from brown paper.
The angel wings are cut from the gold card, I cut the wings apart to make a better space to place the red heart.
The red heart is punched from the red card and then shaped with a ball tool to give it dimension, I stuck the heart on to the card using hot glue to fill the void and give it stability.
The small red dots which I made with the small hole punch have also been worked with a ball tool to make them look more like brads and again give them dimension.

...................................................................................................

I don't know if its the fact that the weather has been a bit grey and wet lately but I have been feeling a bit lost as far as my crafty mojo is conscerned. I have done the usual of looking on Pinterest and watching the various craft channels to pep me up and in the process I have ordered a Brother scan n cut (naughty me). I have wanted a scan n cut for about two years now but could never justify the cost however I saw a fantastic deal on Create and Craft and couldn't resist, so now I am eagerly awaiting the delivery van. Yesterday a white van came up and down the little road I live on about five times, he was obviously lost and I kept thinking to myself he`s looking for my house. Eventually he revearsed down the drive and I ran out with a big grin on my face and quite startled the poor man who was lost and looking for someone else two houses away. I`m still awaiting my white van man but when he does deliver my scan n cut I am going to lock myself away in my craft room for the rest of the year making fantastic things. Well that's how it plays out in my head but I think the reality will involve a big bag of things that didn't quite work out, still it will be great fun - can`t wait.




No comments:

Post a Comment