Sunday 17 July 2016

Feeling Lucky

I couldn't believe my luck today when I saw that I had won a £10 voucher for entering one of my cards in a Lily of the Valey competition. My good friend Marianne Fisher had given me some fantastic advice the other week when I was feeling a bit lost and one of the things she recommended was do more competitions. This was my first time at entering one of my own creations as I never think I have time or I see the beautiful cards other people have entered and I just don't think mine are good enough. Wining this prize has given me a boost to my confidence (even though the winner is picked at random) and I think I have the competition bug so from now on I will be sharing with you any thing I make and enter into a competition. This is my winning entry and its a card I made a couple of years ago for Stuart as he is always pottering about in the garden and at the time he was growing some carrots which that year were beautifully sweet.

 
Lily of the Valley sentiment stamp, although I cant see this one on their web page they have many more that would work just as well
the background papers are from my stash and I know the Sun Flower paper came as a freebie with a magazine. The spotty paper I thought was a Nit Wit paper but I can not find it in my collection of Nit Wit paper pads.
I tried to make the sentiment and the corner die cuts look like wood that had been out in the rain and had mouldy green on it and maybe even a bit of rust where nails might have once been.
 
Stuart really liked this card when I gave it to him and so I put it in a box frame and I now have it hung in my craft room, I have to say I really like it even better now that it has won me a prize.
 




2 comments:

  1. So glad you entered. Lets see lots more cards and try entering more challenges. You can see a list of my favourites in my sidebar. Great card I love this sweet image x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card Alison, lovely colours and lots of brilliant details.
    Congratulations on your win, Marianne is right - the more challenges you enter the more people will see your cards and visit your blog.
    Pauline
    x
    I am having a little Give Away on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete