Friday 15 July 2016

Fairies on a Friday



 I wanted to make a fairy themed card using the new Wavy Fairies stamp from LC Designs and as fairies are special and shimmer I got out my trusty Cosmic Shimmer paints and painted onto black card because I think it makes the shimmer that much more intense.

 
 
what I used:
LC Designs Wavy Fairies stamp set - £6 including 3 sentiment stamps
Gold fine detail embossing powder
Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint
Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies - open petals dies
Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies - complete petals dies
Nit Wit Antebellum 8" x 8 " paper pad
 
I used fine detail gold embossing powder for the stamped image and this makes it easier to paint with the Cosmic Shimmers too. The card is a bit shabby and I did this by distressing the edges of the papers and for the topper and the sentiments I used gold Liquid Pearls dabbed around the edge to make it look like it had been embossed too.
 
If you remember on Monday I received a delivery of Brushos and said I would share with you the fabulous creation I made with them - ah yes well it didn't quite go to plan.



This is what I ended up with and although it looks like a bit of a mess I think I might be able to use it for a Halloween card. I must work on my technique and look up a few tutorials on YouTube.
 
 
You know the old crafting adage "there`s no such thing as a mistake", well I`m going to prove that right by turning my failed attempt with my Brushos into a Halloween card.

No comments:

Post a Comment