Friday 28 September 2018

Sew inspiring

I`m sharing a couple of projects today which I made for the "weekend WOW" over on Hochanda. The shows kick off at 10 this morning and they feature a new collection called Sara sew which includes paper crafting things such as dies, papers, embossing folders but also includes sewing things such as fabric, Feu leather, embroidery cotton etc.



The pin cushion was made using the middle reel from the "zips on a roll" which I painted duck egg blue and then stuck all the accessories on which I had cut out using the dies that come in the collection and a few mulberry paper flowers and flower wire. The pin cushion I made from a scrap of material which I cut with a circle die that I already owned, I also cut roughly a smaller circle which would be the base of the pin cushion.. I made a running stitch around the edge of the circle and as I pulled the running stitch I stuffed the bag that would be the pin cushion. when the bag was stuffed enough I loosened off the running stitch and inserted the rough cut cardboard base, tightened up the stitching and tied it off. The pin cushion was then stuck to the top of the cotton reel with hot glue. To finish off the project I stuck some Daisy lace ribbon around the join of the cotton reel and pin cushion and finished off by sticking three satin Roses onto the lace..

The sewing hoop is a decorative hoop which is more like a frame which comes apart and I put some linen material onto the frame along with a piece of wide cotton lace. I trimmed the material and lace at the back to make it look neat. I made three zip flowers using the zips on a roll which are in the collection and stuck them onto the material along with three leaves which I made by ironing interfacing onto the back of a piece of linen and then roughly cutting out the leaf shapes, I then coloured the linen using distress inks. I stuck the flowers and leaves onto the front of the hoop using hot glue (there are youtube tutorials for making zip flowers and I wont lie they are very fiddly to make but well worth the effort). I took a darker piece of fabric and ironed on some interfacing then I cut out the tag shape and using one of the lace edging dies which are in the collection I cut out the bottom of the tag. I then stamped the sentiment which are in the sew lovely collection onto the tag using a dark grey ink. Finally I stuck the tag onto the linen fabric in the hoop and finished it off with a button and some satin ribbon.

This range is really inspiring and I do hope you get to watch some of the shows as it will give you lots of ideas for your own mixed media creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment