Friday 20 October 2017

Little bah lambs

Well the bags of inspiration on Hochanda last night were a big success and I`m no surprised at the price they were asking for all those goodies. Here is a simple little card which caught Yannis the presenters attention and then Sara only went and mentioned my name on air. Famous for about 2 seconds.

 
what was used:
Crafters Companion, Little Angel, Drifting Clouds dies
Crafters Companion, Sheena Stamping Card
Woodware, Fluffy Stuff
Tim Holts distress inks - mowed lawn, twisted citron, peeled paint, shabby shutters, tumbled glass
black card
blue card
heat gun
 
A simple naive looking card which is very easy to make.
 
Cut the two main cloud shapes out to make the sheep, cover with fluffy stuff and heat with the heat gun (This can be  bit tricky as the fluffy stuff needs to be heated for quite a long time before it fluffs up so I attached a cocktail stick to the back of the cloud to enable me to hold it without burning my hands. Do not hold the heat gun too close for too long on the fluffy stuff or it will scorch).
 
Cut the rest of the clouds that you will need.
 
Using the shape left behind from the cut out clouds as a mask colour in the background with the distress inks (I only used the masks on the grass area as I wanted the sky to look flat).
 
Using black card cut the legs and heads for the sheep and attach them to the bodies with tape.
 
Stick the sheep onto the background and cut the background to the required size.
 
Stick the clouds onto the background and then cut off any overhang.
 
Simply mat and layer the rest of the card.
 
I was only allowed to use the products which were in the bag so in an ideal world (and if I were making this for myself) I would have added a sentiment and perhaps a few flowers but here you have the basic idea and you can truly make this card your own.
I would love to see your version of this if you make it, so please don't be afraid to leave a photo in the comments if it allows you to do that.
 
...........................................................
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment