Saturday 1 July 2017

Its that time of the year again

I know we have had rain, rain, rain, grey skies and I even gave in and lit the fire on Thursday but  it  is still the middle of summer and that is the time when all crafters start to think about Christmas. Next Friday Little Clair are launching a new set of stamps on Hochanda which are all Christmas themed and this is a card I have made using one of those stamps.
 
 
what was used:
Little Claire stamp
snowflake stamp (mine was from a Kanban stamp set)
small hole punch
5" x 5" base craft card
green & blue backing papers (mine were from Kanban and Do Crafts)
Crafters Companion Sheena stamping card to stamp onto
black Versa Fine ink pad
Tim Holtz distress oxide - faded jeans
brown twine
craft card from stash
Glossy Accents
Glamour Dust glitter
snowflake embellishment
 
A very simple card to make the only tip I can give with this is that I stamped the snowflakes using 2nd generation stamping with the faded jeans ink pad (2nd generation is where you ink up thee stamp and then stamp it onto a piece of scrap paper before stamping it onto the image).
The snowflake embellishment was cut out of air dry clay using a cookie cuter and then I stamped a pattern onto the wet clay and made 2 holes using a cocktail stick. When the clay was dry I coloured the snowflake with the faded jeans distress oxide and varnished it with clear varnish.
 
.....................................................................................
 
Its been a funny sleepy week here with the weather being so miserable so I had a bit of a break from crafting and got lots of jobs done that I had been meaning to do for ages. The first job was to get my broadband changed from my terribly slow (less than 1 megabyte) speed to a blisteringly fast speed (up to 10 megabytes) and I can`t tell you what a massive difference this has made. 
 
Then we had fleas which were brought in by Rosie and I saw them on her ear when they arrived. Of course the cats were administered with flea drops but the fleas were in the house and decided they wanted to stay. The fleas took a real liking to me and my legs and so they just had to go and it has taken the best part of a week to get rid of them and now we have to make sure they do not return. My house has never been so clean what with vacking and steam cleaning every day not to mention the constant washing at 60 degrees of clothes, bedding and any soft furnishings I could fit into the washing machine - its exhausting.
 
So now I can go into my craft room without being bitten I will be crafting again and because I have been able to watch video tutorials on the internet I have seen some really interesting techniques that I will be trying out, I may be in here for quite a while.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment