Monday 13 March 2017

Keeping busy crafting keeps me sane

Hello blogger friends, today I am sharing a card I have made for Crafters Companion as I was asked to make five samples using their Butterfly Lullaby range. This little tag card was really fun to make and it is a good way of using up scraps of paper which is always a plus point.

 
what was used:
Crafters Companion 12" x 12" Butterfly Lullaby paper pad
Crafters Companion, Butterfly Lullaby, Circle 3D Butterfly die
Crafters Companion, Butterfly Lullaby, Sent With Love 3D toppers
Crafters Companion, Gemini, Set One heart die
3 1/2" x 8" white tag base card
pink paper
Glamour Dust glitter
Cosmic Shimmer, Powder Blue, Metalic Gilding Polish
Tim Holts Distress Inks - Seedless Preserve & Stormy Sky
blue raffia twine
thick white water based paint
pink dazzler gem
silver Angel charm
AB crystal gems
pink seed beads & thread
 
I tore three different papers from the paper pad, inked along the torn edge and then glued them together to make the background paper and when dry cut to shape.
 
I then painted the thick white paint along the edge of the background paper tag, allow to dry and repeat until the desired effect is achieved.
 
The Butterfly medallion was cut from plain white card and covered with the gilding polish but if you have some pearl card which is the right colour you could use this instead.
 
The rest of the card is straight forward although the seed beads are a little tricky to hand but it is worth persevering.
 
.........................................................................................................
 
I have had a really busy time lately what with my Crafters Companion DT duties and some seriously lovely Little Claire DT samples to make but I needed to be kept occupied as I was very edgy about Stu going for an operation on his legs. I always try to think positive but the worst case scenario is always lurking at the back of my mind, I keep it at the back of my mind by filling my time with other things and in this case crafting. Stu is home recovering now and I am much more relaxed and happy, I`m so grateful I have my hobbies to keep me sane (If you can call it that).
As I was saying I had some samples to make for Little Clair and one of them was using a particularly lovely stamp set with little girls on it, well I made the samples and put the A5 stamp set to one side to make a Birthday card for my sister. When I went to look for the stamp set it wasn't where I thought it should have been, I still cant find it. I hate it when craft things fall into that crafty black hole only to return years later when you no longer need them or you have bought a replacement, I will have to have a good craft room clean out this week and hope it turns up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous make. Glad Dtu is recivering and I hope you find that stamp x

    ReplyDelete