Tuesday 22 November 2016

A bit of therapy

Hello crafty friends, I hope you are all well and managed to survive the storm of the past couple of days. It was such a wet and dark day yesterday that the only thing to do was to lock myself away in my craft room and this card is what happened. I have never done any "adult colouring in" before and a miserable day was a good day to start because it is so relaxing and therapeutic to do. I used all my Spectrum Aqua pens, all my Tim Holtz distress inks (as paints using a water brush) and a few pens I had forgotten about and they were strewn all over my desk like a riot of colour, how could the weather get me down when I had my own rainbow right on my work desk.


what I used:
Craftters Companion Crafters Inspiration issue 12 free CD
every Spectrum Aqua, Tim Holts distress ink and any other colours you can get hold of
black card
purple card
Craft Artist Crazy Girl Blond - for the sentiments
1cm burgundy organza ribbon
1cm AB dazzler
stickles crystal glitter glue

The image is on the CD and I edited it to exclude some flowers that I didn't want and generally made it more of a shape that would fit my card and just printed it out onto Hobbycraft white card.
OK this card is easy peasy to make, the colouring in took a while but it was so relaxing to do I didn't notice the time going by and I kept leaving it and then coming back to it as life doesn't always stop for crafting. I used all water based ink on this card as its what I`m used to and I would suggest that whatever you use make sure that it`s all the same format throughout the colouring in process. Having said that I did  I use a black alcohol pen to colour the background in once the colours were completely dry.
The sentiment was made in my Craft Artist graphics program and I typed the words, made them a suitable size, set the wording inside a lilac box and printed them out.
The rest of the card is just mat and layering and general jazzing up with glitter and ribbon.

...................................................................................

This card is for my sister who has a Birthday in December and she does adult colouring in all the time but never makes anything with her artwork so I thought I would show her via this card that she could be sharing her art with her friends (I have gotten her a sweary colouring in book for Christmas but I don't think she will be making cards with that).
and now for something completely different - I have wanted a camera tripod ever since I first started taking pictures of my cards but I wasn't sure if the screw on the tripod would fit my camera as my camera is tiny. Last week when I was doing my afternoon in the Lincolnshire Trust For Cats shop they had a tripod for sale for £5 so I bought it and hay presto it fits my little camera. I feel so much more professional now that I am not balancing the camera on a box, on a piece of polystyrene, on a fold away table and it saves me time setting up a shoot. So I just have to make more cards so that I can play with my new tripod toy, such a good investment I should have bought one years ago.
Whatever you decide to do with your day I hope you stay safe and dry and happy (I`m off to do some house work now so not much happiness there until its over).



No comments:

Post a Comment