Wednesday 21 September 2016

Sisters are the best gift your parents can leave you

Hello crafty friends, I`m sorry its been a few weeks since I posted on here but I have had my sister come to stay with me (which was fantastic) and then it was back to work as the school holidays ended (not so fantastic). I have been making a few commissioned cards which I will share with you later on but for now here is a Birthday card I made for my sister a few years ago after we had a fantastic day shopping at a craft show in Harrogate and she had said she liked this stamp. I do love trips out with both of my sisters and I think myself very lucky that we are so close and share the same interests.

 
 
what I used:
Woodware Leaf Quartet stamps
Woodware sentiment stamps
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Broken China & Picked Raspberry
ink dusters
clear embossing stamp pad
black embossing powder
Glossy Accents
pink and black papers from my stash
 
The image panel on this card is so easy to make and I did it by first stamping and embossing the leafs onto white card which I then cut to size and coloured using the Tim Holtz Distress inks and ink dusters (it was the first time I had used ink dusters and they are really good for seamless blending of big areas like in this card). Finally I spritzed the topper with water to make tiny water spots.
The sentiment is stamped and embossed onto the pink paper and then the whole thing is mat and layered onto the base card.
Finally I used the Glossy Accents to make a feature of the swirly circles on the hearts.
 
Pauline was thrilled with the card and we went on to have a few more shopping trips at craft fairs but as I have moved away from her I have missed out this last year. Fortunately for me she is coming to live near me here in Lincolnshire soon so we can pick up where we let off and we have lost shopping time to make up.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Allison, such a fabulous background and gorgeous colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete