Tuesday 19 April 2016

Things aren't always what they seem...


The lovely view from my craft room

I thought I'd share with you what I did yesterday and no I didn't make anything to show you (sorry). I haven't settled into my craft room here at my new house and I can't put my finger on it but the room, even though I have a fabulous view from the window, does not inspire me. I have put up a lovely little blind with bird houses on it at the window and thought perhaps a bright pink feature walk might lift the room a bit. So I went to get some paint and walked past a little shop that I had walked past many times in the last six months thinking it was an art gallery and only sold paintings. I don't know what made me go inside but I did and my oh my it is only a craft shop. When I lived up in Bradford I was spoilt for craft and DIY shops but since moving to Lincolnshire and especially here in the country I have been at a loss and had to resort to online shopping, not the same as actually touching and browsing. Helen the owner was amazing and was doing some parchment work when I walked in, it was so nice to talk to someone who knew what I meant when I said stamp or punch and didn't think I was a crazy woman,  and I will be calling in quite often in the future now that I know it's there. So I suppose the moral of the story is not to be dismissive of trying something you wouldnt normally do, I mean I dont go wondering around art galleries because I make my own art but when I stepped inside it was very much my kind of shop. All I need to do now is paint my little craft room and make it more cozy then hopefully crafty magic will flow. Xx

2 comments:

  1. Your view is lovely. I love my craft room, hope you will soon too. I wish we had a craft shop in Norwich, lucky you, enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your view? Oh my goodness, I want to live in your house AND lucky cats to have all that area to explore! xxx

    ReplyDelete